Wednesday, October 1, 2014

:: Write 31 Days~ Notes To Selfie

"It's a personal journey"-
Here it is October already and time for 31 Days of writing! 

Wow!  that year went by so quickly.  I told myself , This year, I was going to give it some thought and come up with a great plan for writing.  This year,I was going to choose the perfect topic. This year, I was going to be dedicated and prepared. 

I did not and I am not. 
Surprised? 
I thought about what’s been on my mind the most lately.  Writing. 

The 31 Days blog event has it’s own web page now. Called Write 31 Days. That’s what’s been on my mind…writing for posterity, journaling, letters, diaries, etc.  

Last year I wrote about “From To-Do 2 To-Done”  getting some projects done around my house.  Just getting them done. Getting over my procrastinators habit. Making it happen right now!  AND I DID IT!  That was the main thing for me…seeing it to completion. 

I’m glad to say, that has some-what continued to happen for me.  Making it happen right now…I am however still a procrastinator.  
Oh well, win some lose some. 

That’s the real reason behind doing it again this year.  Just as a challenge to myself. Not to blow my horn. Not because I have some great life lesson I want to teach you and think "you should do it this way because…" Nope. That's not it at all. 

SO I’m writing about writing. 

Nothing profound. Nothing grammatically correct, poetic (well maybe a limerick or two) about it…. Just some notes to Me! about writing, the significance of it, why? How? (the basics) Where?  and to whom? Cherished writings, things that have been already written, lots of aspects to writing and the lost art or maybe the dying art of writing? I'll see where it takes me. :) 
I told you I wasn't prepared. 

I hope you will join me.
Maybe you'd like to join in the Write 31 days challenge...you can read about it and join here.



** Please let me know if you have joined so I can be sure and follow you more closely these 31 days. Also, if you are visiting from the Write 31 Days blog hop...so I can be sure to visit you too!

I'll add a new link here everyday; or you may click the link on the sidebar to be directed to all the posts with the most recent being first. Thanks for coming along!

*******************************
Day 1: Write 31 Days:  Notes to Selfie (my personal journey)
Day 2: JOT SHEET
Day 3: Don't JUST do something; Stand there!
Day 4: Telling the Old Stories
Day 5: Do Something Spontaneous
Day 6: Dear Diary-
Day 7: We Suffer from RUSH
Day 8: Specifics Bob or Ambiguity? 
Day 9: A Rag Sheet -Not A Sleazy Newspaper
Day 10: I Took a Walk
Day 11: Smack in the Face Reality
Day 12: Saturday and Sunday Sewing and Yard Work
Day 13: An Infamous Legend: Bonnie Parker
Day 14: Making Mental Checklists
Day 15:When You Don't Know What to Do, Sew
Day 16: Preparing to Move
Day 17: Ten Things Today
Day 18:---Sorry No Post---
Day 19: A Lesson on Being Open
Day 20: We're All Children
Day 21: An Emotional Wringer!
Day 22: W.I.P.
Day 23:---Sorry No Post---
Day 24:---Sorry No Post---
Day 25:---Sorry No Post---
Day 26: Packing, Donating, ReCycling and Awards
Day 27:
Day 28: Jade Eyes
Day 29: Moving Ahead While We're Here
Day 30: Doubt is a Fun Killer!
Day 31: Yes! I'm more than an Oma


Til next time, Be Blessed!




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,so that your days and the days of your sons may be multiplied on the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens remain above the earth. Deut. 11: 18-21

3 comments:

RHome410 said...

I love this topic! Have fun with it, and thanks for reading my blog tonight!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Pat -- thanks so much for stopping by That Old House. I have not done a blog post since mid-June, so I'm a little rusty. But I'm fascinated by the 31 day challenge -- and may join in. So your visit to my blog may have spurred me to get back to the keyboard for real this time!

Around here, our Fall color is almost TOO brilliant. Mother Nature really breaks out the garish colors, but they are so amazing.

Anyway -- I'm going to decide on joining in on The Nester's writing challenge, and will let you know if I do!
Thanks so much. Really!
Cass

Unknown said...

I love your postcards!